The importance of insurance for your new puppy
Did you know 1 in 3 pets require unexpected veterinary treatment each year? *
We believe that pet insurance is an important part of responsible pet ownership allowing owners to go ahead with veterinary treatment at the earliest opportunity knowing that help is there for the unexpected costs.
It’s important to be aware that not all pet insurance is the same. Some policies limit the amount of time or money that you can claim for. Don’t just shop around on price alone. Ask the following five key questions so you clearly understand what each policy does and doesn’t cover:
- Will the policy cover my pet for on-going conditions (e.g. eczema) into its old age?
- Will exclusions be placed at renewal for an illness that occurred in the previous year?
- Will my excess or premium increase if I make a claim?
- Will the policy cover congenital and hereditary illness, hip-related conditions, dental treatment or behavioural conditions?
- Is the provider a pet insurance specialist?
* Source: Petplan
All Janimist puppies go to their new homes with 4 weeks free cover with our compliments from either/or Petplan or The Kennel Club. We strongly advise all new owners to maintain insurance cover for their new puppy. Even the healthiest of dogs can have an accident!